Tuesday, August 15, 2006

a letter of love

Dear Child Reporters.I have just been into your web-side and I am so thrilled and so proud ofwhat you all have been able to achieve in such a short notice. At the sametime it gives me a tremendous pleasure knowing that I was there togetherwith you all when this process started and have seen you all being born andgrown up and become such a positive inspiration for others to follow. Canyou imagine that you have grown from a 100 + lovely individuals till astrong one voice of more than 1200 child reporters representing more andmore districts in Orissa. Now other States want to copy what you havestarted and you all should be so proud of your accomplishment so far andgive you even more energy to pursuit your dreams and be a role model forother peers.Although I have left India and Orissa, I can still see when I close my eyesthe places and people I visit and met during my 5 1/2 years tenure there. Iwill never forget all the lovely people I met, from children to grown-upsand your hospitality and friendship. It will stay with me forever and ifGod want, one day I will be able to visit and hopefully meet some of youagain.Someone once told me. It takes ordinary people to achieve extraordinarythings as long as your dreams stay's alive. Everyone of you, from the youngchild reporter to the older ones have achieved extraordinary things in youryoung life. Continue to dream and keep the dream alive and you willcontinue to achieve extraordinary things in life. I wish each and every oneof you all the success in life and will continue to pray for happiness andsuccess for you and your familiesBest RegardsTom OlsenRepresentative, Barbados & the East CaribbeanCountries(Former UNICEF State Representative-Orissa)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------United Nations Children's Fund, United Nations House, Marine Gardens,Christ Church, Barbados

No comments: